Rebuild your legacy enterprise software product using the power of Low-Code Platforms
Enterprise software plays a crucial role in the success of modern businesses. As technology advances and business needs evolve, there often comes a time when software rebuilding becomes necessary to meet the demands of the changing landscape, especially if you are an enterprise . This is where enterprise-class low-code platforms come into play, revolutionizing the software development process and enabling organizations to rebuild their software products efficiently and effectively.
What is an enterprise low-code platform?
At its core, an enterprise low-code platform is a development environment that allows businesses to create software applications with minimal hand-coding. These platforms provide modeling tools, drag-and-drop interfaces, and pre-built components, empowering developers to rapidly build applications. They significantly reduce the need for manual coding, enabling developers to focus on high-value tasks and deliver software products faster.
How are Low-Code Platforms transforming software development:
Low-code platforms are transforming software development in several ways. Firstly, they facilitate rapid application development by streamlining the entire development lifecycle. Developers can quickly build and iterate applications, resulting in faster time-to-market. Additionally, low-code platforms promote collaboration between business stakeholders and developers, allowing for better alignment of requirements and faster feedback loops.
Can Low-Code/No-Code be used to develop enterprise-level applications and products?
Contrary to common misconceptions, low-code platforms are not limited to small-scale or simple applications. Modern enterprise-grade low-code platforms, such as Stragiliti, are highly scalable and capable of handling complex enterprise-level applications. They offer advanced customization options, support for intricate business logic, and seamless integration with existing systems through APIs.
What are the benefits of low code platforms compared to conventional development?
Low-code platforms offer several benefits compared to conventional development approaches. Here are some key advantages:
1. Accelerated Development: Low-code platforms provide modelling tools, pre-built components, and drag-and-drop interfaces, significantly reducing the need for manual coding. This streamlines the development process, enabling faster application delivery and shorter time-to-market.
2. Increased Productivity: By abstracting away complex coding tasks, low-code platforms empower developers to focus on high-value activities. They can spend more time on designing user interfaces, implementing business logic, and addressing unique requirements, leading to increased productivity and efficiency.
3. Simplified Integration: Low-code platforms often come with built-in connectors and APIs that facilitate seamless integration with existing systems, databases, and external services. This simplifies the integration process and reduces the time and effort required for system interoperability.
4. Enhanced Collaboration: Low-code platforms foster collaboration between business stakeholders and developers. Through modelling and prototyping capabilities, stakeholders can actively participate in the development process, providing feedback, suggesting changes, and ensuring alignment with business objectives. This collaborative approach leads to improved outcomes and a better understanding of user requirements.
5. Agility and Flexibility: Low-code platforms enable rapid iterations and modifications, allowing for quick adaptation to changing business needs. Developers can easily make adjustments, add new features, or incorporate feedback, promoting agility and flexibility in software development.
6. Cost Savings: With low-code platforms, organizations can reduce development costs by minimizing the need for extensive coding, resource-intensive maintenance, and manual testing. The accelerated development process also translates into lower labor costs and shorter project timelines.
7. Legacy Modernization: Many low-code platforms offer tools and features specifically designed for legacy modernization. This allows organizations to transform their existing legacy systems into modern, agile applications without the need for a complete rewrite, preserving valuable business logic and data while improving functionality and user experience.
8. Empowered Citizen Developers: Low-code platforms empower individuals without extensive coding experience, often referred to as citizen developers, to participate in application development. These platforms provide intuitive interfaces and simplified development processes, enabling business users to build applications and automate workflows, reducing dependency on IT departments.
These advantages make low-code platforms an attractive option for organizations looking to rebuild their software products efficiently and effectively.
What are some critical aspects to consider in the choice of the low code platform for enterprise software product rebuilding?
Enterprise software product rebuilding is different from bespoke application development. If one is using Low Code to rebuild or build ground up an enterprise class product, one needs to have the following additional capabilities in the low code platform.
a) Extendible Architecture: Enterprise Software are architected to be extended for the needs of different customers using the same product. Hence one should have flexible tools which can be used during implementation for capabilities like changing labels, changing the sequence of a form, changing the filters, results of views, configuring alerts etc.
b) Multi-tenant applications: Products are meant for use by multiple organizations especially if they are SaaS based. The same product can be used simultaneously by multiple customers, yet one cannot access the data of another. Most enterprise products are SaaS (Software as a Service) and hence needs this multi-tenant capability
c) Flexible Commercial Terms: Most low code platforms do not allow pricing across multiple customers. They only go by users and expect a different license to be signed for each end customer. Very few Low Code platforms provide friendly pricing for you to sell your end product mass sell to various end customers.
d) Version Management: When each customer wants extensions the product should not breakdown into multiple versions. While extension tools are crucial to achieve this, the availability of version management capabilities that separate the extensions across customers are absolutely required. Only then will the integrity of the base product be maintained as the customer base grows.
e) Modular Breakdown: Customers often do now buy the whole product but prefer to buy in steps. Low code platforms that allow you to configure and deploy in a modular manner are crucial, and there are very few low code platforms that allow you to do this.
f) Revenue management capability: Low code platforms that have add on products the make the task of quoting, contracting, delivering, and billing across varying types of contracts is an add on advantage.
One notable low-code platform that stands out covering all these capabilities is Stragiliti. Stragiliti offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features that enable rapid application development. It enables businesses to transform their legacy software into modern, agile applications. To learn more about Stragiliti, you can visit their website links at
Enterprise-class low-code platforms have emerged as a game-changer in the software development landscape. With their rapid application development capabilities, collaborative features, and scalability, these platforms enable organizations to rebuild their software products efficiently. Stragiliti, with its intuitive interface and comprehensive set of tools, stands as a notable example of an enterprise low-code platform that empowers developers and businesses alike. By leveraging low-code platforms like Stragiliti, enterprises can accelerate their software rebuilding initiatives and adapt to the ever-changing business environment with agility and efficiency.